bday eve before

bday eve before

Friday, July 8, 2011

WISPS


I live a floor higher up than most of my neighbors so I have lots of light and see the sky.  If I lay flat down on my couch, I can watch clouds journey by.  I love that --- sometimes they muddle along, sometimes they speed or swirl.
My favorite clouds are the little wisps; they look like a part of a larger cloud that has ventured off on its own.  They make me laugh.  They’re so small and determined though they appear fragile.
In my life on the streets, wisps of human, animal, and plant interactions come at me and bring me great joy.  They’re mostly not huge life-changing events, they’re not about jobs or promotions or worldly success.  They’re these precious little wisps of moments of interaction or, often, observation --- of a child, a dog’s sad face while waiting for his owner outside the greengrocer, flowers in my community garden, the white butterfly that greets me there and is totally unafraid. 
Those are the things I intend to write about here --- those beautiful wispy clouds that make my life rich.  (And, sometimes, as in this first piece, I’ll include longer stories.  I couldn’t resist a 4th of July story this week!)
Thanks for stopping by and, please, come again.
And, feel free to comment and to share your own ‘wisps’.
All the best,
Mary Pat Kane


No comments:

Post a Comment